PABS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PABS

PABS, or People against bullshit, is an organization with one goal, removal of all bullshit and lies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fundamentalists

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi, i'm new on this forum, but i wanted to start some discussions about some people. They are religious fundamentalists. affraid

Who are they?
People taking religion too seriously.

Why should i care?
Forum name & they want schools to stop teaching evolution.

Evolution? Why should we teach that?
Stop reading this thread now.

How can they not see that evolution must be true?
The fossil record says so, it has been observed, it has been simulated, all of their arguments against it have been proven wrong, etc.

They also want everybody to follow THEIR religion. They think you can just decide if you believe or not. Sometimes, if their children says they are atheists/follows an other religion they BEAT their CHILDREN! I've heard (not sure if its true) that some of them attack people following other religions and atheists.

And Christian fundamentalists keep saying:
"BUT IT'S A CHRISTIAN NATION!!!!1!1!!"
That is NOT true. The president, Obama, said it is not a Christian nation. They are even spreading to other countries. One reason i know that is because i don't live in US, but in Denmark, a small country in Europe. They are even here.

Of course Christians aren't the only ones.

Their logic normally says that they can believe in anything from their holy book, without evidence, but whenever they see some things going AGAINST it, they demand UNREALISTIC amounts of evidence, like a COMPLETE (no missing links, every creature) fossil record. Their defense for their holy book (using the bible as an example): The bible is true because it is the word of god, which always is true, and they know that because the bible says so.

Someone teach them LOGIC please! Or at least the ability to see whether or not their requirements are unrealistic!

Last edited by TehZ on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:33 pm

So basically your saying that the world was not made by God? I am going to give some evidence but I will not enforce it at all I am simply going to state that it is POSSIBLE that God is real. First off I do not know of any religions that can say they're god/prophet can do miracle's or rise from the dead. Obama can say what he wants but the founders of our Nation claimed this a Nation in God but with religious freedom. So if we aren't a Christian Nation then that means that God should be taken out of EVERYTHING because wouldn't that be offensive?

And here is the thing with this sort of Religious such and how we believe in. You haft to be a Christian to understand why we do believe in what we do there has been MANY accounts in the Bible that states things that have happened before. Like Noah's Ark for an example it is said that it came to rest on a mountain in Russia there has been evidence to back this up. So do you want more evidence?
Back to top Go down
Blaster
Admin
Admin

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 am

XxEyesightxX wrote:
So basically your saying that the world was not made by God? I am going to give some evidence but I will not enforce it at all I am simply going to state that it is POSSIBLE that God is real. First off I do not know of any religions that can say they're god/prophet can do miracle's or rise from the dead. Obama can say what he wants but the founders of our Nation claimed this a Nation in God but with religious freedom. So if we aren't a Christian Nation then that means that God should be taken out of EVERYTHING because wouldn't that be offensive?

And here is the thing with this sort of Religious such and how we believe in. You haft to be a Christian to understand why we do believe in what we do there has been MANY accounts in the Bible that states things that have happened before. Like Noah's Ark for an example it is said that it came to rest on a mountain in Russia there has been evidence to back this up. So do you want more evidence?

The number of mistakes in your post tells me that you have never even read the bible.
For a start, in the Bible, it is stated that Jesus comes back to life from the dead. Clearly impossible.
Noah's Ark is a religious 'cliché', every single religion has a story like it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_myth
One of the historical floods/tsunamis listed on that page probably created all the myths.
Noah's ark itself is impossible, because the genetic diversity would of been destroyed, and breeding with close relatives would of killed all life before the 5th generation.
Where is your source for the evidence of Noah's Ark landing on a mountain in Russia?

An important thing here is to back up your claims with evidence, and not to just say 'there is evidence', but to give that evidence.
Back to top Go down
https://pabs.forumotion.com
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:35 am

Blaster wrote:
XxEyesightxX wrote:
Bla bla bla only christians understand why we are christian i wont tell any evidence

The number of mistakes in your post tells me that you have never even read the bible.
For a start, in the Bible, it is stated that Jesus comes back to life from the dead. Clearly impossible.
Noah's Ark is a religious 'cliché', every single religion has a story like it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_myth
One of the historical floods/tsunamis listed on that page probably created all the myths.
Noah's ark itself is impossible, because the genetic diversity would of been destroyed, and breeding with close relatives would of killed all life before the 5th generation.
Where is your source for the evidence of Noah's Ark landing on a mountain in Russia?

An important thing here is to back up your claims with evidence, and not to just say 'there is evidence', but to give that evidence.

Exactly. And when the fossil record says that evolution is true and all that, evolution is probably true:
Fossil record, observations, simulations and logic vs faith.
Back to top Go down
the new guy
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
the new guy

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm

XxEyesightxX wrote:

You have proved that i don't like you and isn't evidence actual input not just someone saying there's evidence.

If there is any evidence bye all means post it.I will hurl back whatever i have at you.

I used to be a christian and i stopped being one at a young age because i realized that anything could be the answer to why we are here but saying that .JESUS MADE US ALL!1!!1!!1! is just stupid and not opened minded.
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Stop and think for a second.

How do you think everything was made then? So basically what your saying is that once our Earth became cool and had life on it that we humans and other animals just magically appeared? And so then how was everything else made? The reason why there is no evidence or written records is because they did not keep records back then or the records are long gone.

And I would rather believe in God then not and then risk dieing and finding out that he is real.

And wait...You don't like me because I am a Christian? So basically right now you don't like more than 2.5 Billion people on the planet. And also I doubt you'll have a lot of friends if you base someone off of their fate we simply use our brains and think "The Earth came and we call magically came here and everything was also magically made" "Huh a great powerful being created us seems more logical that we do have a creator then being magically poofed here."
Back to top Go down
Blaster
Admin
Admin

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

XxEyesightxX wrote:

How do you think everything was made then? So basically what your saying is that once our Earth became cool and had life on it that we humans and other animals just magically appeared? And so then how was everything else made? The reason why there is no evidence or written records is because they did not keep records back then or the records are long gone.

And I would rather believe in God then not and then risk dieing and finding out that he is real.

And wait...You don't like me because I am a Christian? So basically right now you don't like more than 2.5 Billion people on the planet. And also I doubt you'll have a lot of friends if you base someone off of their fate we simply use our brains and think "The Earth came and we call magically came here and everything was also magically made" "Huh a great powerful being created us seems more logical that we do have a creator then being magically poofed here."

Everything was made as a part of physics. Molecules combined in such a way that it created a molecule that could create other molecules, then, one of those molecules accidental duplicated itself wrong, and formed a more complex, better molecule, eventually these became bacteria, which eventually became jellyfish, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and eventually humans.

So you believe in god because you are bribed by the idea of heaven? Yeh, I think thats a good explanation of how religion has so much control over people, because they are promised a great life after living a shit life.

Its not simply that we magically appeared, we are getting close to creating those 'molecules that make more molecules' in laboratories, so we know the process of how we appeared.
In fact, as Stephen Hawking puts it, religion is possible, but god can no longer intervene directly, he has to simply observe what happens after the big bang. He could of planned the big bang to eventually leave the planet earth here, but yeh, that's just abstracting the whole point.

If you realy want to know what is the worst that religion can do, take a look at this: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266
Those are the kind of fundamentalists that this guy hates.
Back to top Go down
https://pabs.forumotion.com
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 am

XxEyesightxX wrote:

Let me get this... you don't believe in something that is completely explained by the laws of physics so that your god will send you to heaven? And then you believe that all people not believing in your god will get sent to hell...? And you say that it's not fair not liking people saying that it is fair to send me to eternal TORTURE for not believing in things that there is no proof for (and tons of proof against) and that there is alternatives to? (And nobody ever stated that we hate you.) And you think it will help when you just say that I got no explanation for how we got here... (m-theory, big bang theory, abiogenesis, the theory of evolution (or, in english, m-fact, big bang fact, abiogenesis, the law of evolution (because theory is science-speak for law/fact.))). And you haven't even won a nobel prize? I am sure that if you tried to win a nobel prize, and your evidence is actually evidence, it would be easy.
B-B-B-B-BULLSHIT!

Last edited by TehZ on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject:    Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:34 pm

So what proof is there? I asked you HOW WAS THE UNIVERSE MADE you said Science. WHAT IN SCIENCE? If you say the big bang theory then that created EVERYTHING? It made every single star? And what created those too?

What answer you give I will back up with "So what created that to cause this"

I was hoping to come on here and have a mature conversation and not talk to a 9 year old. "PABS, or People against bullshit, is an organization with one goal, removal of all bullshit and lies." so basically your going to flame me for what I believe? You should be trying to convince me that I believe wrong instead of "This guy is stupid and he needs to be flamed"
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:37 pm

And I am a theist? When did I take Religion too seriously I simply stated my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:53 am

XxEyesightxX wrote:
HOW WAS THE UNIVERSE MADE

Have you ever heard of Stephen Hawking? Maybe you've read his book... The Grand Design? (btw. Check this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stephen+hawking+god+not+needed )

Quote :
And I am a theist?

I think so... didn't you say that god made the earth?

Quote :
When did I take Religion too seriously I simply stated my opinion.

Well, you believe that your god would send me to eternal torture (and you don't even try to save me with your proof). And you do believe that your god is morally correct, right? If yes, it is a bit insulting to be told that it is morally correct to torture me forever because I'm an atheist.

Quote :
What answer you give I will back up with "So what created that to cause this"

OK, if there is a known cause to everything, there must also be a known cause to your god. You can't have it both ways. Science doesn't know a cause for the laws of physics.

Quote :
I was hoping to come on here and have a mature conversation and not talk to a 9 year old. "PABS, or People against bullshit, is an organization with one goal, removal of all bullshit and lies." so basically your going to flame me for what I believe? You should be trying to convince me that I believe wrong instead of "This guy is stupid and he needs to be flamed"

Maybe you forgot something: this thread is about theists who don't use (real) logic and say that they got a proof but don't tell it. I think this description is good at describing you. If you don't have any proof, but you still say it is true, your religion is a LIE. At some points it looks like you havn't even read the OP.

Quote :
It made every single star?

I don't see any problem with that?

If you want to know how the laws of physics were made, science doesn't know. Stephen Hawking says you can consider them a "god", but not a god like Yahweh.

ANY QUESTIONS AFTER RESEARCH?

EDIT: Okay, lets do it one theory at a time. Why don't you believe in evolution?
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:12 pm

[/quote]EDIT: Okay, lets do it one theory at a time. Why don't you believe in evolution?[/quote]

Because for one I believe that there is an answer to everything.

Two, I would rather believe in God then die and find out he is real and then be damned.

Three, I have my OWN personal experiences with why I believe him if you want to hear it then you are going to think it is a load of shit.
Back to top Go down
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:28 pm

XxEyesightxX wrote:

Quote :
EDIT: Okay, lets do it one theory at a time. Why don't you believe in evolution?

Two, I would rather believe in God then die and find out he is real and then be damned.

Three, I have my OWN personal experiences with why I believe him if you want to hear it then you are going to think it is a load of shit.

1) Evolution is an answer. Check.
2) Pascals Wager. What if norse mythology is right? Then you need to die in war. Check.
3) Multiple possibillities:
If he answered your prayers, think critically. Check.
If you felt some sort of godly presence, there has been invented a physical helmet which can do the same. Check.

New reasons for not believing in evolution?

EDIT: Did i kill the only thread alive? Uhm... sorry... *runs away*
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

TehZ wrote:
XxEyesightxX wrote:

Quote :

1) Evolution is an answer. Check.
2) Pascals Wager. What if norse mythology is right? Then you need to die in war. Check.
3) Multiple possibillities:
If he answered your prayers, think critically. Check.
If you felt some sort of godly presence, there has been invented a physical helmet which can do the same. Check.

New reasons for not believing in evolution?

EDIT: Did i kill the only thread alive? Uhm... sorry... *runs away*
I have nightmares all the time but if I pray then they don't happen thats my experience.
And what is Evolution? The big bang theory?
And how do you explain speaking in tongues.
And another thing is my family we never lie and trust each other my grandma personally says she has seen God before and talked to him.
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Blaster wrote:
XxEyesightxX wrote:

Everything was made as a part of physics. Molecules combined in such a way that it created a molecule that could create other molecules, then, one of those molecules accidental duplicated itself wrong, and formed a more complex, better molecule, eventually these became bacteria, which eventually became jellyfish, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and eventually humans.

So you believe in god because you are bribed by the idea of heaven? Yeh, I think thats a good explanation of how religion has so much control over people, because they are promised a great life after living a shit life.

Its not simply that we magically appeared, we are getting close to creating those 'molecules that make more molecules' in laboratories, so we know the process of how we appeared.
In fact, as Stephen Hawking puts it, religion is possible, but god can no longer intervene directly, he has to simply observe what happens after the big bang. He could of planned the big bang to eventually leave the planet earth here, but yeh, that's just abstracting the whole point.

If you realy want to know what is the worst that religion can do, take a look at this: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266
Those are the kind of fundamentalists that this guy hates.
Uh yea I am NOTHING like them I actually posted there telling them they're a bunch of fuck tards.
Back to top Go down
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:36 pm

XxEyesightxX wrote:
TehZ wrote:

snip
I have nightmares all the time but if I pray then they don't happen thats my experience.
And what is Evolution? The big bang theory?
And how do you explain speaking in tongues.
And another thing is my family we never lie and trust each other my grandma personally says she has seen God before and talked to him.
How can you argue against something you dont understand? Here, this is what they explain:
1) Evolution is the theory of how one lifeform changes into another.
2) Big Bang theory is the theory that all matter and energy started out compressed into a singularity.
3) Different languages exist because people invented them at different places.
4) Dreams...? Hallucinations? Misunderstanding? Wanting to believe to much? Prayer (it gives strange experiences, if not, the GOD HELMET wouldn't work)

For more information about evolution, check cdk007's YouTube channel.

EDIT: BTW You remind me of PCS (also called VFX)
Back to top Go down
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:36 pm

XxEyesightxX wrote:
So what proof is there?

http://www.fossilmuseum.net/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpW_ojpmTWk
http://www.nixuz.com:8080/html5/fish.html

Note: fossilmuseum doesn't have (nearly) all found fossils. You can probably find something on http://goo.gl/Ta5l .

Fundamentalists Chart?cht=qr&chs=100x100&choe=UTF-8&chld=H|0&chl=evolution+is+true
Back to top Go down
XxEyesightxX
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Hmm very interesting. What you have said has changed my views on things A LOT.
Back to top Go down
TehZ
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
TehZ

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 am

Okay Wink If you are wondering why we don't find fossils ALL over the place, I can tell you the truth: It is very hard to become a fossil. (Now, just remember that if you stopped believing or accepted evolution, make sure that your family is not too believing to accept what you've found out. Some families are, but you can probably find more information on YouTube.)
Back to top Go down
Fezinaru
Toilet Cleaner
Toilet Cleaner
Fezinaru

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm

XxEyesightxX wrote:
Hmm very interesting. What you have said has changed my views on things A LOT.

Awesome, glad you are getting interested into other beliefs rather than following one that you may have been raised into. Search the internet and do research. In time you'll come up with your own beliefs based on the research you've done.

XxEyesightxX wrote:
I would rather believe in God then die and find out he is real and then be damned.

I know you said your views have changed and this may or may not be one of them, but fearing the wrath of a being that has no 100% set in stone proof of existing is not the way to live life. Living life weighing everything you do on if it'll make the big man in the sky happy or not will drastically limit you on what you can potentially do as a human. Since there is no definite proof on the existence of God, then there is no definite proof on an afterlife either. This means if you live your life living to please God and there ends up being no afterlife, then you've wasted a portion of your life that could have been used to doing things you really enjoy. Then again, maybe you really enjoy worshiping him. scratch

Think about it this way, I always hear people say "God works in mysterious ways". If God does exist, maybe worshiping him all your life isn't really what he wants. What if worship is a sign that you are weak and clingy. If God is the father of everyone, then wouldn't he want to see his children go out and prosper on their own instead of constantly coming back and begging for stuff? He did make us in his image after all, so mankind's parenting had to of passed down from the almighty one.

I'm not saying stop believing in God. If you still want to believe in him, acknowledge him every once in awhile like what people would do after leaving their parents to live their own life. For me, I never really believed in him and don't really care for religion. I got better stuff to do than worry about invisible people in the sky. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fundamentalists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundamentalists   Fundamentalists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fundamentalists
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PABS :: General :: Discuss the bullshit-
Jump to: